How to Install your EliteCountertops.com Granite & Marble Vanity Top
Granite countertops installation
Below is a 3-step guide for marble and granite countertops installation.
Step 1: Prepare Vanity for Installation
- Clean top of vanity of all dust and debris
- Level the vanity cabinet from front to back, side to side, and diagonally
- You can use wood or plastic shims to maintain level and secure the vanity to the wall
- Since granite is a heavy stone, be certain that the cabinet can withstand the weight of the countertop
Step 2: Seal Bowl and Install Vanity Top
- Install your faucets in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions
- Run a 1/4" bead of clear acrylic caulk around the edge of the underneath side of the vanity top
- Carefully turn over the vanity top and place it on the cabinet base. Pay careful attention to the overhang
- Wipe away excess caulk from the base and allow to set and dry for 24 hours
Step 3: Install Back and Side Splashes
- Clean back of splash(es)
- Apply a urethane based adhesive to the back side of the back splash and side splash
- Place the splashes in place on the top of the vanity against the back wall and/or side wall(s)
- Run a 3/8" bead of clear cault to the top edge of the splash where it meets the wall. Be sure to fill any gaps from an uneven wall. Be sure not to force the splash to compensate for a bowed wall.
- Run a 3/8" bead of clear caulk in the corner where the backsplash and side splash(es) meet.
© EliteCountertops.com - This article may not be reproduced in part or in full without the written permission of EliteCountertops.com.
Home Builders & Contractors
Kitchen Bath Dealers